Cambridge Advanced C1 Practice follows the lead of the four Use Of English questions on the revised Cambridge® Advanced Exam (Multiple Choice, Open Gap Fill, Word Formation and Keyword Transformation), to teach four advanced language skills. These are:
– building and using collocations, including idioms and phrasal verbs
– using grammar words, such as linking words and compound prepositions and conjunctions
– word formation, building different parts of speech
– advanced grammar structures, such as cleft sentences and causative constructions
Each of the four sections of the app corresponds to one of the four tasks. Each section has eight units including notes, preview and practice activities. Sample exam questions are provided for each section.
The app provides material for about 30 hours of study and includes:
– short (3 min) video presentations
– tips about timing and marking as well as notes on language, meaning and usage
– word building, editing and multiple choice activities
– practice gap fill and transformation exercises
– sample exam questions
The app is designed especially to help students preparing to sit the revised Cambridge Advanced® exam but will be of value to any advanced student.
Cambridge® is a registered trademark of the University of Cambridge, which is not associated in any way with this app.