• Cast YouTube videos
• Cast media content from your android device
• Play local media files on your Raspberry Pi
• Play streams from playlists (m3u, pls) on your Raspberry Pi
You just need a Raspberry Pi with a running SSH-Server, the omxplayer and optional a little image viewer. I only tested it with Raspbian, but there is no reason why it shouldn't work on other distributions.
• Controllable via a seekbar
• Hardware volume buttons
• Support for multiple audio and subtitle (srt-format) streams
• To cast YouTube videos to your Raspberry Pi just open the YouTube app and a video and choose "Share" → Raspicast.
• To play streams just copy a playlist (m3u or pls format) to your android device and open the list via the app, or play the streams manually from the actionbar.
image viewer: http://omxiv.bplaced.net
App source code: https://github.com/HaarigerHarald/raspicast
Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation